childlikemind

outside => play ground => Topic started by: neigh on November 22, 2017, 02:22:08 pm


Title: Pretend Battle
Post by: neigh on November 22, 2017, 02:22:08 pm
Lily
*run out of my first hiding place, when I imagine that the place is clear, run through and and behind a bush, holding my imaginary gun, and pretending to be a solider*

Snowflake
*stay by her side*
Title: Re: Pretend Battle
Post by: Shin-Jones on November 23, 2017, 01:52:29 am
Playing along, Dallas runs behind a tree, trying not to be seen.
Title: Re: Pretend Battle
Post by: neigh on November 25, 2017, 11:09:39 am
Lily
*look out from behind the bush, don't see anyone, slowly come out from behind the bush, look around for enemies*
Title: Re: Pretend Battle
Post by: Shin-Jones on November 25, 2017, 05:06:08 pm
Dallas hears rustling coming from some near by bushes.  He quickly whips his head to the direction where the sound came from.  Turns out it's just a bird hopping around in the leaves.
Title: Re: Pretend Battle
Post by: neigh on November 25, 2017, 07:46:09 pm
*hear rustling, follow it, see birds, pretend their enemy soldier's, pretend to shoot at them*
Title: Re: Pretend Battle
Post by: Shin-Jones on November 26, 2017, 01:42:24 am
Dallas catches a glimpse of Lily and quickly turns in her direction.  He puts his hands together and makes a finger gun.  He aims.

  "Bang."  And he fires.
Title: Re: Pretend Battle
Post by: neigh on November 26, 2017, 01:11:28 pm
*look at him, taken aback  because I didn't realize that he was there, put hand on my chest, lean back, stick tongue out, let myself drop to the ground, and then start laughing*
Title: Re: Pretend Battle
Post by: Shin-Jones on November 26, 2017, 04:14:24 pm
Dallas laughs along with Lily as he goes towards her.

  "Good battle, soldier."  He says, extending his hand for the young girl to grab.
Title: Re: Pretend Battle
Post by: neigh on November 27, 2017, 06:54:29 am
*grab hand and shake it, liking the gesture of handshakes*
Title: Re: Pretend Battle
Post by: Shin-Jones on November 27, 2017, 04:27:27 pm
A confused expression spread across Dallas's face as the girl shook his hand.  He had originally extended his hand to help her up.  Dallas smiled and laughed at the situation.

  "Do you wanna go again or is the war over?"
Title: Re: Pretend Battle
Post by: neigh on November 30, 2017, 10:15:42 am
*get up from the ground* "Do, um... do you want to go again?" *not used to what I want mattering*
Title: Re: Pretend Battle
Post by: Shin-Jones on December 03, 2017, 01:47:58 am
  "Well, sure, why not?"  Dallas smiled.

  "What are you guys doing over here?"  A curious voice asked.

Dallas looked at the person, seeing Marcello.

  "We're going to play another round of War.  Or Soldier.  There's a few names for it."  Dallas explained.

  "Ahhh, yes.  I remember those days.  Anyway, just passing through.  Make sure you guys don't hurt yourself and have fun."

Marcello ruffled Dallas's hair and gave Lily a gentle smile before leaving.  Dallas turned to Lily.

  "So, you ready?" he asked her.
Title: Re: Pretend Battle
Post by: neigh on December 05, 2017, 08:41:34 am
Lily
*nods, and then goes and hides, still holding an invisible gun*
Title: Re: Pretend Battle
Post by: Shin-Jones on December 05, 2017, 02:10:53 pm
When they first started playing, they used a sort of wind up clock to give them the go as to when to start the round of Soldier.  Before running off, Dallas winded it up enough for him to go and hide.  Once finding a spot to hide for the time being, the boy waited in anticipation.
Title: Re: Pretend Battle
Post by: neigh on December 06, 2017, 10:37:58 pm
*stand up just enough to look over the bush I'm hiding behind*
Title: Re: Pretend Battle
Post by: Shin-Jones on December 08, 2017, 08:21:09 pm
The timer goes off.  Dallas puts his hands together to make a gun and quickly runs behind a tree.  He looks around the area to try and pin point where Lily was.
Title: Re: Pretend Battle
Post by: neigh on December 09, 2017, 05:40:49 pm
*pretend to shoot him, as he runs behind a tree, but miss*
Title: Re: Pretend Battle
Post by: Shin-Jones on December 10, 2017, 01:12:01 am
  Dallas heaves out a sigh of relief.  He peaks his head out from behind the tree to see where she is.
Title: Re: Pretend Battle
Post by: neigh on December 10, 2017, 11:10:05 am
*duck behind the same bush, hope he didn't see me*
Title: Re: Pretend Battle
Post by: Shin-Jones on December 10, 2017, 06:05:48 pm
He gets a glimpse of Lily.  Creeping out from behind the tree, Dallas slowly begins to make his way over to her, completely visible.
Title: Re: Pretend Battle
Post by: neigh on December 10, 2017, 11:45:09 pm
*see him, pull imaginary trigger* "Bang!"
Title: Re: Pretend Battle
Post by: Shin-Jones on December 11, 2017, 01:37:02 am
  "Oh...!"

He freezes then drops to his knees, making groaning sounds.

  "You got me!"  He puts both of his hands on his chest and falls to the side with his eyes closed.
Title: Re: Pretend Battle
Post by: neigh on December 11, 2017, 09:30:04 pm
*giggles, and goes up to him*
Title: Re: Pretend Battle
Post by: Shin-Jones on December 12, 2017, 02:38:17 am
Dallas rolls onto his back and looks at Lily as she comes over.

  "Looks like you won this time!"  He let out a chuckle.
Title: Re: Pretend Battle
Post by: neigh on December 12, 2017, 11:07:32 pm
*smile, nod in agreement, feel uncomfortable standing above him, sit on the ground beside him*
Title: Re: Pretend Battle
Post by: Shin-Jones on December 13, 2017, 06:58:44 am
Dallas took a moment before closing his eyes as a cool breeze passed by.

  "It's actually a really nice day..." For a moment, Dallas was at peace.  "Don't you agree?"
Title: Re: Pretend Battle
Post by: neigh on December 13, 2017, 06:59:40 am
*nod, in agreement*
Title: Re: Pretend Battle
Post by: Shin-Jones on December 14, 2017, 03:12:13 am
Some time went by before Dallas decided to get up.

  "Heave...  Ho...!"  Once he was up, he looked to Lily.  "Wanna go back inside now or?"
Title: Re: Pretend Battle
Post by: neigh on December 14, 2017, 11:34:42 am
*looking up at the sky, when Dallas speaks* "Um... what do you want to do?" *a bit uncomfortable with making decisions*
Title: Re: Pretend Battle
Post by: Shin-Jones on December 15, 2017, 05:34:03 pm
  "I'm not quite sure myself."  Dallas stated with a bit of a chuckle.

The boy did try to think of something and after a moment, he did.

  "Wanna make a hide out?"
Title: Re: Pretend Battle
Post by: neigh on December 16, 2017, 10:53:08 pm
*nod, excitedly, start looking around for a good place to build it*
Title: Re: Pretend Battle
Post by: Shin-Jones on December 19, 2017, 01:09:31 am
Dallas looked around with Lily.

  "Doing a place up should be easy but it's more about finding the right place."  He turned to the girl.  "Sorry if I start to get a bit picky about this, by the way.  Me and my parents used to spend a lot of time trying to find a good spot."

The boy gave a bit of a saddened smile.  He looked away, hoping it wouldn't make the atmosphere uncomfortable.
Title: Re: Pretend Battle
Post by: neigh on December 20, 2017, 03:43:31 pm
"My-my parents used to build forts with me too."
Title: Re: Pretend Battle
Post by: Shin-Jones on December 22, 2017, 11:38:08 pm
  "Oh, wow, looks like we've got something in common." 

As they continued to walk around, Dallas noticed some trees huddled around each other.  He goes towards it to check the space out.  The trees seemed to have an opening in the middle of them.

  "What about this place?" He asked.
Title: Re: Pretend Battle
Post by: neigh on December 27, 2017, 10:07:21 am
Lily
*nod in agreement, start looking for some sticks to make it with*

Snowflake
*chewing on a stick*
Title: Re: Pretend Battle
Post by: Shin-Jones on December 27, 2017, 04:54:01 pm
  Dallas goes the other way, sticking close to the area.  He was searching for bigger sticks that were also somewhat bendy.  It took him awhile but he found a few that they could work with.  Dallas grabbed them and some other little sticks that were hanging around before going back to the main area to set them down.
Title: Re: Pretend Battle
Post by: neigh on December 29, 2017, 02:10:17 pm
Lily
*go around collecting sticks, come back with an armload full, set them down next to Dallas's*
Title: Re: Pretend Battle
Post by: Shin-Jones on January 01, 2018, 06:38:11 pm
  "I'm going to get some more so that we know that we have more than enough."  The boy smiled before walking off again. 
Title: Re: Pretend Battle
Post by: neigh on January 04, 2018, 03:46:26 pm
*go and look for some more, as well*
Title: Re: Pretend Battle
Post by: Shin-Jones on January 05, 2018, 03:39:23 am
[OOC:  Omfg, so I lost connection when I pressed "post" and usually when that happens, it whips out everything I've written but this time it didn't, yay!]

Dallas grabbed a bunch more sticks that he found.  When he headed back, a branch crunched loudly under his foot.  This brought him to a stop as he noticed something staring at him.  The boy turned his head to give it his full attention.  There, a few feet away, was a dark gray cat with black tips on it's ears and it's tail.  It's feet were also black as if it were wearing gloves.  The cat's nose was a little pinky and it's whiskers were noticeably long.

As Dallas stared into it's pale blue eyes, it stared back, the both of them not moving an inch.  There was only silence between them, which should've broken when a few sticks fell from Dallas's arms but it didn't.  The stillness was there until the cat made the first move and turned away to go on about it's day.   The boy stood there in awe before speaking.

  "That was majestic as heck."  His eyes shone.

Dallas picked up the sticks that had fallen out of his arms before leaving the scene and heading back to the work in progress hide out to wait for Lily.
Title: Re: Pretend Battle
Post by: neigh on January 07, 2018, 01:49:22 pm
Snow
*bark at a cat*

Cat
*run away*

Lily
*don't want to scold him, so don't, collect more sticks and join Dallas*
Title: Re: Pretend Battle
Post by: Shin-Jones on January 07, 2018, 09:56:32 pm
When Lily gets back to the hide out, Dallas's eyes light up with sparkles.

  "Did you see that cat?  That cat was so majestic and beautiful and," Dallas started to ramble on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about the cat and how majestic he thought it was.
Title: Re: Pretend Battle
Post by: neigh on January 07, 2018, 10:46:39 pm
Lily
*wait until he stops rambling* "I'm sorry. I think Snow scared the cat away."
Title: Re: Pretend Battle
Post by: Shin-Jones on January 07, 2018, 11:06:39 pm
  "Oh, that's okay.  I got to have my moment with it so it's fine!  I just hope it comes back..."  Dallas goes quiet for a moment.  "Anyway!  Looks like we have enough sticks for now, should we start getting stuff done before we have to head back?"
Title: Re: Pretend Battle
Post by: neigh on January 08, 2018, 05:11:43 pm
*nod, find some sticks that are close in height, and start putting them together*
Title: Re: Pretend Battle
Post by: Shin-Jones on January 09, 2018, 01:58:11 am
Dallas does the same but starts in a different place, thinking that he wants to cover more ground in a way and that it'd be cool to see things connect up at some point.
Title: Re: Pretend Battle
Post by: neigh on January 15, 2018, 01:58:45 pm
*eventually they get close together, about to connect*
Title: Re: Pretend Battle
Post by: Shin-Jones on January 16, 2018, 04:46:39 pm
Dallas looked at their pile of sticks that had diminished over time to the point it was now nonexistent.

  "Oh, looks like we've run out of sticks."  He said.
Title: Re: Pretend Battle
Post by: neigh on January 19, 2018, 10:04:23 am
Lily
"I  guess um... we'll have to go look for more."
Title: Re: Pretend Battle
Post by: Shin-Jones on January 20, 2018, 03:32:19 am
  "Guess so."  He turns to go look for some more.

But he stops as the cat runs in front of him and out of their sight once more.  The boy's eyes lit up once more.

  "Holy - did you see that!?  It was the cat again!  Whoa!"  Dallas was amazed by the creature, even though it only appear again for a small moment.
Title: Re: Pretend Battle
Post by: neigh on January 20, 2018, 09:34:27 am
Lily
*see the cat*

Snow
*growl*

Lily
*stoop down and pick of Snow, nod when he asks me if I saw the cat, wonder why he's so fascinated with a cat but am afraid to ask*
Title: Re: Pretend Battle
Post by: Shin-Jones on January 21, 2018, 04:31:14 am
Dallas flips his head towards Lily.

  "It's so majestic!"  The boy said with wonder in his eyes and a grin across his face.

Before anything else, Dallas calmed himself down a bit.  He felt a bit awkward for being excited when he's usually more reserved, in a way.  The boy cleared his throat.

  "Anyway, let's just keep searching."  He said, taking the lead.
Title: Re: Pretend Battle
Post by: neigh on January 22, 2018, 09:02:58 am
*follow Dallas, while looking around for more sticks, find a few a pick them up*
Title: Re: Pretend Battle
Post by: Shin-Jones on January 23, 2018, 04:41:21 am
They searched but there didn't seem to be any sticks the size that they needed or could even work with.

  "Hmm," the boy thought, "we might have to look somewhere else for some sticks.  Got any ideas of different areas we could search?"
Title: Re: Pretend Battle
Post by: neigh on January 29, 2018, 09:14:07 am
"Maybe behind the barn?"
Title: Re: Pretend Battle
Post by: Shin-Jones on January 30, 2018, 10:43:30 pm
  "Cool, let's go!"  Dallas smiled as they made their way to the barn.

Getting to the barn, there seemed to be others hanging around.
Title: Re: Pretend Battle
Post by: neigh on February 04, 2018, 10:05:35 am
Kevin
"Hi Dallas, hi Lily."

Lily
*shyly* "Hi Kevin."
Title: Re: Pretend Battle
Post by: Shin-Jones on February 06, 2018, 01:57:53 am
  "Hey, Kevin."  Dallas greeted.  "What are you up to?"
Title: Re: Pretend Battle
Post by: neigh on February 16, 2018, 05:06:56 pm
Kevin
"I just put Mickey back in the paddock. What are you up to?"

Lily
*look at Dallas, hoping he'll explain because I only speak when I have to*
Title: Re: Pretend Battle
Post by: Shin-Jones on February 19, 2018, 02:27:08 am
  "We're just gathering up some bigger sticks and all that."  Dallas looks at Lily.  "Should we tell him?"

The boy was checking whether Lily wanted it to be a secret or not.
Title: Re: Pretend Battle
Post by: neigh on February 22, 2018, 09:32:31 am
Lily
*not used to having any say in anything* "Um... I-I don't know. What do you think?"
Title: Re: Pretend Battle
Post by: Shin-Jones on February 24, 2018, 12:19:13 am
  "Hmmm..."  The boy thought about it.  "Sure!  Why not?  If that's okay, that is.  But!"  He looks to Kevin.  "You have to keep it a secret, okay?  Unless the topic is unavoidable, then that's fine."